4L60E Transmissions w/Bad Valve Body: Still Being Produced?

This is just morbid curiosity, nothing else...

But as the owner of a 'burb with a 4l60E transmission that needed valve body replacement every 30k miles until I dug into my own pocket to have the offending cylinder bored and re-sleeved - and having heard the new head of GM recently proclaiming that they've had some kind of epiphany quality-wise....

Does anybody know if GM is still producing transmissions with that flawed valve body?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

GM knows.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

One would think (hope) that the QC would be all over those nagging, sometimes unique to GM problems. (4l60, piston slap,Dex etc). I have a 2 yr old GMC truck and a 7 year old Toyota, no problems with either yet.

Reply to
Meebers