4x4 wont engage on a 1984 Blazer

We have a 1984 Blazer and the 4x4 wont engage, the shifter wont move. We had the transmission serviced, but it didn't help this. Any
suggestions on what to do next?
Get it up in the air and start looking for what may be binding the shifter or it's linkage. Gotta start somewhere, basics here.

-
Shep wrote:

============== what he said, basics first.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~
are u pushing the Button on top of the Shifter lever..
Also on my 89 There is a Grease ZERK that is accessible only From under the vehicle.. it is inside the Boot covering the Linkages !
also UNHOOK the linkage from the Transfer case .. Now see if the Shiter moves.. if it moves the problem is in the Transfer case... if it doesnot move , then the problem is in the SHIFTER
sproat330 wrote:

--
It Doesnot Take Brains To
Get A High Paying Job!