Radiator Fan Clutch / 92 K1500 350

Anyone know the difference between these two fan clutches, other than the obvious specs listed below off the rock auto web site.

I have a 92 K 1500 350 engine, 7004R trans with 4.11 gears and

285-75-R16 tires.

I've had the 15452 clutch for some time on my truck. I made some modifications including going to larger tires, and lower gears as listed above. I bought a 154495 clutch and swapped it out. The truck does run cooler but I'm not sure the clutch is working right because I never hear the "roaring" noise you hear when the fan clutch engages, no matter how hard I run the truck or how hot it gets (around here lately its been in the 90's, in AL) I'm wondering if this fan clutch is not staying engaged all the time, or partially engaged. IF it were I should hear the clutch kick on or the fan noise would be apparent all the time.

Anyone know the differences between these two clutches and how they operate?

IF you look on ROCK auto it will list a number of descriptions for the GM fan clutches for this year truck, but if you look at the part numbers they are only talking about these two below.

The truck came stock with 3.42 gears so that's why I had the 154552 clutch. I was just trying out the "95" clutch to see if the truck would run a little cooler and indeed it does, but I never hear the loud roaring noise that the fan clutches make when the fan engages?

ACDELCO Part # 154552 CLUTCH,FAN BLADE w/3.08R(GU4) or 3.42R(GU6) or ENG OIL CLG(KC4); CODE AR,AX,BD,GP,HK,JM; w/o A/C MAN CONT(C60) or HVY DUTY RAD(V01) or HVY DUTY RAD & TRANS OIL CLR(V02) or HVY DUTY M/TRNS CLR(5A5) or HVY DUTY A/TRNS CLR(5A6) {#22149569} More Info $81.99 $0.00 $81.99

ACDELCO Part # 154495 CLUTCH,FAN BLADE w/3.73R(GT4) or 4.10R(GT5) or 4.56R(HC4) or ENG OIL CLG(KC4); CODE GJ,HS; w/o HVY DUTY M/TRNS CLR(5A5) or HVY DUTY A/TRNS CLR(5A6) {#15671898}

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

Those clutch fans are real easy to adjust if you want to take the time to do it. A how to is at the link below.

The SnoMan

SnoMan