'54 Chev want to convert to 4wd.

I have been thinking about upgrading my '54 1/2 ton to 4 wheel drive. 235 engine SM420 tran. Like to get stuff to bolt up. Can weld pretty good. Also upgrade to 3/4 ton axles. Plan to keep the original engine. Has anyone done a similar change. Any thoughts on tranfer case. Thinking a NP205. I think it will bolt right to the tran. Perfect axles? Think its about a 3.9 reduction right now. Would like a little more top end. Don't want a huge lift. Has anyone sorted out the steering and brakes on a similar conversion? Would like to go to a crossover braking system. Is there a perfect donor vehicle? Want stuff I can find easy. If I be nutz, say so.

Taco Cle Elum. WA

Reply to
Taco