78 chevy wants to gallop? help doc?

Hey all

got a 78 1/2 ton 4x4, just got the brakes fixed(booster) anyway, around 30 or so, it wants to buck, not like a vibration, but like a damn gallop? Anyway, I just had the tires balanced and rotated, didn't help a thing. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks! TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

250 straight 6 or 350? Is it like: full power, no power, full power, no power about twice a second?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"
350; It's running ok, not like throttle's skipping. It just feels like it's going over a washboard or something, but it's only around 32-33 mph?

Thanks again TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

btw, it bucks about 2 times a second though, if i were going to put a time frame on it.

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Original U-Joints?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

nope, replaced about 5 months ago

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

My truck did the same thing about 3 months ago. I would double check those new u-joints. I wound up launching a cap off my rear joint. The joint was

Reply to
sidewinder

Have the rotors and drums turned and then check for brake pedal free play. Its possible that the rod wasn't adjusted right when the new booster was installed and you had brake drag that warped your rotors and/or drums. I have come across it before.

Reply to
Shades

Its possible that the rod wasn't

warped your rotors and/or drums.