Body roll/lean on 89 K5? whatever it's called

Hey everyone, i have an 89 K5 with a 2 in lift and 33 in MTR's, and whenever i turn it wants to lean out the opposite way i'm turning (if that makes sense) I have an 83 1/2 ton 4x4 and it doesn't do it as bad, i figure it's the extra weight on the Blazer, but my questions is do they make anything that you can mount on the axles/crossmembers that might help stabilize it? It's not awful, I'd just rather it not be as bad since I use it to haul my boat.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Swaybars are made to cut down on this. You might also want to check the shocks. Weak shocks will cause this also.

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

Reply to
73blazer

Sway Bar. As 73Blazer pointed out. Polyurethane End Link bushings work real well, but you might have worn center links too.

You might also want to check with the lift manufacturer for the proper bars and extensions.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Spring bushing are polyurethane and they're good, the lift's only about 5 years old. It has a front sway bar; the shocks aren't new i don't think (i bought the truck back in 98) well, i didn't install them is what i mean. Any shocks you'd recommend? those rear sway bars, you know if you can find them aftermarket or do i need to do some junkyard hunting?

Thanks TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Don't know about the rear sway bar, but Rancho and Billstein make superb 4x4 shocks.

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

I know classicindustries sells rear swaybars for '73-91 $149, some others like LMC or Chevyduty might as well.

Ken

Trailblazer wrote:

Reply to
73blazer