85 Blazer stalls 10 minutes after start

The weather here in New York just turned frigid, and today after I wamed my

85 Chevy S 10 up for 10 minutes it shut off after it warmed up...... if I kept my foot on the gas it would run but as soon as I tried to let it idle on its own, the engine died....... I have a feeling that it is a choke problem, please tell me specifically what to look for and how to fix it....... up until today, the truck has run fine......
Reply to
don

The choke might be sticking closed. In your driveway or garage, from a dead cold start, fire up the truck. Remove the air cleaner once it's started and watch the choke plate. If it stays shut, it's either bad electric choke element, bad vacuum line to the choke pull-off, no +12V signal to the electric choke or a mechanical choke linkage problem.

If the choke opens fine and it's dying, it's likely not getting enough gas. I'd check fuel filter and fuel pump first in that instance.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"