89 K2500 5.7- EGR pipe work question.

Hi All.

I just finished dropping in a new 5.7 (replaced old one), and got everything almost ready to go. Despite my best efforts, I forgot to label the hole for the EGR vac tube. In the back of the EGR control (NOT the EGR valve on the intake manifold, but it's CONTROLLER) valve, there are two possible places to plug the EGR into... One high, and one just under that. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks In Advanced

HDS

Reply to
HDS

If you are talking about the EGR solenoid, the lower plug (one closest to intake) is the line that runs to the valve itself. The upper plug is actually a breather line and needs to be left open. They had cheezy foam filters on them when new, but 2-3 years of driving and they just fall off.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

""Doc""

---------

Yeppers Doc... thats it! Thank you very much.

HDS

Reply to
HDS