89 s10 new owner tune-up

I purchased and 89 s10 4.3 4x4 a few weeks ago with about 116,000 miles. Thanks to this group ive gotten the 4wd working great again. Got it passed inspection and my mechanic looked over it. Oil change, new pads, shocks, a few light bulbs.

Im a fan of if it aint broke dont fix it, since my truck is runnin good Im kinda hesitant to do anything to it. However I also like to have a good clean slate when I buy vehicles to know what kind of maintanence has been done. So ive changed the oil, mechanic said all the other fluids look good. But im considering chaning the plugs, wires, distributor, and any sensors, or other parts that are common place in tune-ups.

Any recomendations on what to do, or not do? As far as plugs what is the recommended for this vehicle as well as ones to stay away from, and what is the recommended gap? ive seen a few different ones from different sources.

The only thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a very slight half a second hesitation sometimes when steppin hard on the gas, not sure if its just normal for these trucks for the tranny to take a sec to downshift and regain power or if there is anything I should look into.

Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

Reply to
jiimi

So ive changed the oil, mechanic said all

You should have the automatic transmission serviced.

Reply to
Advocate