Acclaim 3.0 Tune-up

I'm going to perform somewhat of a tuneup on my 1995 Acclaim 3.0. Basically, I'm going to do the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and fuel filter......I have a few questions:

  1. What's the best way to get the plugs out? I have a good set of Craftsman tools with different extensions and drives.....but i'm worried about getting something to fit.

  1. Any advice as to the best set of plug wires to buy? I'm going with NGK plugs.....the last set of Bosch plugs I had were crap.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
jmcgill

You forgot the air filter, and you need to add the entire PCV system to that list. There are TWO filters, a valve, and several hoses. It is imperative that this system be kept in tip-top shape on the 3.0; it is one of that engine's weak points, and when it becomes clogged, bad things happen.

With an appropriately-sized spark plug socket on a suitable 3/8" drive extension bar, with a flex joint if necessary.

Depends if you want to replace them periodically or just buy them once. The "Just buy them once" ones are Magnecor items,

, but they are not as cheap as parts store items. If you want parts store wires, NGK makes good ones.

Good choice.

There's a lot of that going around.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern