90 Chev. FUEL PROBLEM

I have a 90 chev. pick-up 5.0L. I can not get power to fuel pump fuse on firewall. It has a new fuel pump and pump relay. Any suggestions??

Reply to
Hvy_Chevy

I had a similar problem a while back (89 Chev)....It was a fuseable link under the plastic cover on the firewall, near the relay....it visually looked fine, wasn't blown or melted, but when I was looking for the problem I lightly tugged on it, and it fell apart, I guess from corrosion...Rico

Reply to
Rico

Had the same problem, check the sensor in the distribitor. Just under the cap, tells the fuel pump when to activate so my mechanic tells me. I replaced the complete distribitor from Summit and that sensor lasted

1 year. Put my old sensor in and it fired right up good luck
Reply to
cabopeter