"92 4x4 manual trans/clutch R&R

I have a 1992 1/2 ton 4x4 pick up, w/4.3 cu. in. and 4 speed manual transmission. I am currently replacing the cluch so i removed the transfer case and am trying to get the tranny out but am having a difficult time dropping it down because of the shifter stub. the stub is about 3-4" high and is hitting the floor and i can't get the tranny back far enough to pull it out of the clutch and bellhousing. I unscewed the stick shift itself and there is a little stub about 3 to 4in. high that is hitting the floor. the shifter is part of the tranny...... right on the top.....(no linkage) There IS a little pin that goes through the ball part of the shifter what looks like drift pin that goes through it and i tried hitting it out with a punch but it don't seem to want to move. My question is: How do I get the bottom part of the shifter out from the tranny???? IS that a pin that I have to hit out or do I have to open the case and unhook the shifter from the fork inside. There is NO way the tranny will come out untill I get that shifter ball part out... If worst comes to worst what i will end up doing is cuttin the floor back about 4-6 in. and fold up the floor for that shifter stub to clear. (i really don't want to do that though). There has got to be a way that has to come out. I figured i would post on here first before i go out and buy a book. or maybe i may just call a dealership.. All info is greatly appreciated...thanx.....

Reply to
demonseed

Figured it out by myself. Saw that there were 8 bolts that hold the shifter plate to the tranny. I pulled the bolts and cover along with the shift forks. Was very easy to get the tranny out then.. Thanx to "ME".......

Reply to
demonseed