93 jimmy turns weird

For a bit my jimmy would slow down as it turned and the front tires would peel out. So i tried to widen my turns, but it still did it. A bit later, i got new front brakes. For a week it was not slowing down as i turned nor was it peeling out. Today, it started to slown as i turned again. But it wasn't peeling out. What i want to know is do all trucks slow down as they turn, or do i have another problem?

Reply to
JimmyVortex

Shep

My thoughts exactly!

Doc

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reply to
"Doc"

That makes 3 of us.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Your truck is either in 4-Hi, even though your selector says 2WD, or you have a bad (possibly both) front axle. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

That makes 4 of us !

Reply to
Adam Frazier

I think it's safe to say we've reached a consesus...............now I'm gunna reach for another beer....................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

thanks for being the only one who left an actual post. This is the first truck i've ever had. I don't know sh#t about em

Reply to
JimmyVortex

Other people suggested your truck is stuck in 4-Hi as well. Commen 82-93 S-10 Pick up and 83-94 S-10 Blazer problem.

Does your truck have push bottons on the dash, or does it have a range selector shifter on the floor? Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

i have a switch on the dash for the all wheel drive. I just figured out you turn the all wheel drive off by hitting the 4-hi button. Duh

Reply to
JimmyVortex

haha

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Study (do not just read) the owner's manual (BUY one if you don't have one). You'll save yourself much grief in repair costs you'll be avoiding by learning about 4x4/AWD. Also, the life you save maybe mine...

Regards, Franko

just figured out you

Duh

Reply to
Franko

"" wrote: > For a bit my jimmy would slow down as it turned and the front > tires would > peel out. So i tried to widen my turns, but it still did it. A > bit later, > i got new front brakes. For a week it was not slowing down as > i turned nor > was it peeling out. Today, it started to slown as i turned > again. But it > wasn't peeling out. What i want to know is do all trucks slow > down as they > turn, or do i have another problem?

How quick does it slow down?? Is it 4x4??

Reply to
Shakes73

Yes, it sounnds to me like it is stuck in 4x4 because it has all of the simptons of it. Removing the front drive shaft and check the difference would confirm the problem 100%. I know of no other thing that can cause this problem though except maybe bad/fused or disabled spider gears (someone installed a locker) in front axle differentail.

Reply to
SnoMan