04' 6.0

I have heard some negative talk about the 6.0 but nothing has really been said specific.I have a 2500 HD 6.0 w/ 11,000 miles.I'm just wonder what problems I might get to look forward to.Present or future.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've got nearly 30,000 mi on my '03 2500 HD with the 6.0 and all is fine so far...(knock on wood). Truck has performed flawlessly since I've had it and I hope it stays this way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Old Hippy

Keep an eye on the U-Joints. I have an '03 2500HD and the rear one failed at 36,500. The dealership (Zigrossi GMC in Batavia, NY) had me fill out some paperwork to comp the repair from GM because I'm a good customer ($121 for the freaking joint from GM, not including labor).

Had to have the computer reflashed to fix a "service 4wd" error message in the DIC. It didn't store a code, but after the reflash haven't seen it reappear. Apparently there was a TSB on it.

And finally, a tire broke a belt somewhere around 38K, using the spare at the moment until I get a new set of tires.

Been a pretty good truck so far.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

"" wrote: > I have heard some negative talk about the 6.0 but nothing has > really > been said specific.I have a 2500 HD 6.0 w/ 11,000 miles.I'm > just wonder > what problems I might get to look forward to.Present or > future. > > Thanks > Bill

Some of the earlier 6.0?s has some problem with piston knock/slap for poor quality control on bore clearances during manufacturing but that has not been a issue recently and it was never bad with the 6.0 either as the 5.3 was the worst but even then it was more anouying that anything. The 6.0 is a good engine.

Reply to
SnoMan