93 S-10 Oil Filter Cooler Lines?

Could someone tell me what would be the best option on replacing these lines?Would it cost a lot more to take the old ones to a shop and have new hoses recrimped on? Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

If you go to the dealer to buy new ones, you will be back in no time at all to get them replaced again, and again, and again...

I help maintain a fleet of vehicles and many of them are 4x4 s10 Blazers, AWD Astros, and G30 diesel vans. Leaks are very common on these crimped lines, and new OEM don't last long.

I take them to a local hydrallic line shop complete as they come off the vehicle. They remove (cut)the ends, weld the original ends to new fittings and then fit them with the correct steel braided length line. Never a problem after that. Be sure to pick up some rubber coated clamps and install to minimize vibration and rubs.

The cost was just slightly more than the OEM, but it is the last time you have to mess with it.

Good luck, James

Reply to
James1549

Ihad to replace them in my 93 also....10 yearws later, GM I had to replace them in my 2003 s-10 pickup! >GM quality...

Reply to
Andy

what would be the best option on replacing these

My .02 either do as suggested above and take them to a hydraulic shop, or do as I did(yes i'm a lil ridiculous) and go to braided stainless steel hose and AN fittings, I did adapters from the oil cooler then used a 37 degree flare tool on the ends that go to the radiator and kept the last 4" or so of the factory lines(kinda need to do this either way). Cost for me was about 100 bucks. Got all my parts from summit. Either way don't get the factory ones again, I got stranded thanks to their crappy clips that hold them together. BTW if you decide to go my route let me know and i can give you some part #'s.

Ed

Reply to
89GMC

Appreciate all the replies on the cooler lines.I put 80 lbs.air pressure on them and they didn't leak at the crimps,just at the o-rings and the engine block adapter o-ring and gasket was shot,so I'll probably reinstall these.Just a $200 S-10 Blazer..don't want to sink a lot of money in it,if it doesn't work out I'll just use it for parts for my 88 Blazer.No hydraulic shop here in Lynchburg,Va. works with aluminum lines,that I can locate. Thanks Again! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

I like to keep the engine compartment clean.I think some times oil seeps down from the O-rings and gets on the crimps and looks as though they're leaking.nd this vehicle has oil and where there's no oil there's rust...New York vehicle but I'm scraping away and getting there. Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift