'97 Blazer wont' start

My '97 Blazer 4x4 will not start. It will turn over just fine, but won't start. Also it will not go out of park and the instrument lights do not come on when turning the key to accessory. It's got over 1/2 tank of gas and power to everything else, dome light, wipers, headlights, etc., but not the instrument lights on the dash. I have a mechanic looking at it who was able to get it started a few time, but then it dies and locks up again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem? Thanks.

Reply to
George O'Connor

I had a similar problem with my '97 Blazer and I had the ignition switch replaced and so far everything has been working fine. When I had it fixed the dealer could not guarantee that this would fix it because it is a difficult problem to diagnose. I have heard that '97 Blazers were notorious for bad ignition switches. Good Luck.

Reply to
ddh_09