97 K1500 electrical questions...I think

I have a 97 K1500 that seems to have an electrical problem or an ignition problem. Also, maybe related to first issue.when I press the brakes, the brake lights come on, but go off as I push the pedal more.

Back to the first issue, I sometimes loose the tach, speedo, and gear light indicator after start up. Check engine light then comes on. Truck has remote starter and if I press it, everything works again and check engine light goes off eventually. The truck doesn't shift correctly while the above-mentioned phenomena occur. I have noticed that sometimes when I press the brakes, I'll hear a clicking noise and the above phenomena re-appears.

Do I have an ignition cylinder problem or electrical issues? I have received great guidance from this group in the past. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff & Missy

I would start by inspecting all the connection made by whom ever installed the remote starter.

Reply to
Steve Mackie