1994 Chrysler New Yorker - Power Windows and Air Dies - Electrical?

Concerning My 1994 New Yorker:

The other day after I started - The Power Windows and Air Conditioning quit working. The ABS and AIRBAG lights are on steady. Some kind of electrical short or something? I checked fuses but all seem ok. I looked in the little black box under hood (relay's I guess) and all "looks" normal. Anyone ever have a similar problem? What kind of problem is this. The Air Conditioner is fine, the power to it is just non existant, same with the windows....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Bruce

Reply to
FamilyMan

Hi Bruce...

Not a mechanic, but just for the heck of it and a little learning (I have a 94 lhs) I took a look at the schematic.

The power windows aren't fused, but rather use a self-resecting

20 amp circuit breaker. Believe you'll find it in the fuse box beside the battery.

Can't find anything common to power windows and air, never mind the abs and airbag lights other than the hot in run supply. That would (potentially) involve 25, 10, 20, and 5 amp fuses (one of each),k and I think you'll find them again in the fuse/relay box beside your battery.

Hope this helps you get started :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Thanks Ken. I appreciate your help. I still am unable to locate the problem however. I guess I can try to have the wiring traced somehow at $62.00 per hour! Yikes!

Reply to
FamilyMan

I had a similar problem with a Toyota many years ago. Turned out to be a bad harness connector. For whatever reason, two of the pins got hot, and melted the surrounding plastic. This allowed the contact between the pins to be lost. Once I found the problem, it was easy to splice in a jumper wire.

I hope that in your case, it is something easier.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

I can't give an answer to your problem, but my '94 LHS just started giving me the same problem after I had a problem with the Automatic Climate Control. I have replaced the Climate Control module, but I have no power to the unit and the airbag light and ABS light are on. I also have no power to the power windows. The under dash fuses all look good, and nothing looks amiss under the hood in the power control center. If you come up with an answer to your problem first, please post it. I really hate to give a car with an electrical problem to a dealership mechanic. Thanks

Reply to
Ramprat