98 chevy s10 blazer acceleration is sluggish. PLEASE ADVISE

I have a 98 chevy s10 blazer with about 85,000 miles on it. It is the

4.3L vortec. I have noticed some sluggish acceleration currently with my truck. I know that this care has a recall with the fuel injectors getting clogged up but I cannot bring it to the dealer since my engine service light is not coming up for a free fuel injection flush. I do not know a thing about cars so what are some other problems that can cause sluggish acceleration. Please advise. Thank you
Reply to
Dave

There are a million things that can cause sluggish acceleration my friend. We can't even fathom a guess without more symptoms. First and foremost, take the truck to Autozone and have the PCM scanned for codes (it's free). There might be a stored code even if the light isn't on.

What's the fuel economy like since the sluggishness began? Better or worse than before?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

STOP

DO NOT PASS 'GO'

DO NOT COLLECT $ 200..................UNTIL

you replace the fuel filter

Reply to
TranSurgeon

That was my first thought, was gonna post that but decided to wait until I read 'em all to see if someone else had.

Reply to
Mike Levy