98 chevy s10 blazer acceleration is sluggish. PLEASE ADVISE

I have a 98 chevy s10 blazer with about 85,000 miles on it. It is the

4.3L vortec. I have noticed some sluggish acceleration currently with my truck. I know that this care has a recall with the fuel injectors getting clogged up but I cannot bring it to the dealer since my engine service light is not coming up for a free fuel injection flush. I do not know a thing about cars so what are some other problems that can cause sluggish acceleration. Please advise. Thank you
Reply to
Dave

There are a million things that can cause sluggish acceleration my friend. We can't even fathom a guess without more symptoms. First and foremost, take the truck to Autozone and have the PCM scanned for codes (it's free). There might be a stored code even if the light isn't on.

What's the fuel economy like since the sluggishness began? Better or worse than before?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

================= First step is the often overlooked fuel filter.