99 Sliverado Seatbelt Repair/Replacement

The seatbelt on the passenger seat is not working properly. Once latched, it tightens up (while truck is/is not moving) and will not release unless one unlatches it and relatches it. It seems like the little swinging thingy that contols it must be not working properly. Any easy way to fix it?

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn

I believe that you will find that this is a safety feature for holding infant car seats. See your owners manual.

It should only do the lockup thing when the belt is fully extended first.

Yes, it will drive you crazy. See Federal Gummint. Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

you are right lynn, my 99 silverado did that, just dont pull belt all way out.

Reply to
Charles H.

or, don't pull it real fast.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to
Charles Roberts

Thanks very much for all of your help. It is much appreciated.

Reply to
Autumn