and again I ask for help

I still have a question, ok I've got a 99 GMC Jimmy with the Auto4x4 system, my TCCM took a crap in january for some reason, can I manually switch the transfer into 4hi without the TCCM?

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Mike Levy

Thank you

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Thank goodness, at least you know what you have now and have figured out how to adequately phrase your question so that an intelligent answer can be given.

And the answer is yes, if you know what you are doing, but in your case, I wouldn't attempt it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Do not attempt to do this. Just go to a salvage yard and buy a used TCCM. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Adam Frazier wrote

You can move the encoder by applying power and ground in the right places, but this is not recommended and tends to ruin the motor. The other option if you really want to do it, is to pull the encoder motor right off and manually shift the t/case into 4hi. This is a very bad idea...but it can be done.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Well I got the schematics from a local dealer, and I was unsuccessful getting the xfer case to shift, I was able though to get the engine to start by crossing some wires, one was a power evidently one was the ignition wire or somthing.

So were is the motor located on the xfer case?

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Then you just don't know where to look. I have bought odd ball parts used for 6 month old M-B's, BMW's, & Corvettes.

Any Salvage yard with a Locator Service can oder you a used one. Look in their phonebook adds for "Member URG", or "Eden Parts System". Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Stop Now BEFORE you fry circuits. Take it someplace and find out if it's even the TCCM before you melt down what used to be a S-truck. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Who is "they"? You said the TCCM failed in January, and implied that you owned the truck at the time. No?

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

seconded. It's one of those things where "if you have to ask, you can't do it"

Reply to
burntkat