Anyone know where I can buy parts for a starter?

All the auto parts stores want to carry is the whole thing. When I went to start my truck Monday afternoon to drive the 250 miles home it clicked like the solenoid was going bad, tapped on it with a screwdriver handle and it started. I stopped at a store and picked up a starter for $250 just in case. Made it home ok and it was late so I waited until tonightand of course took the old one off and put the new on before I noticed they didn't include the shim, but did have a big note saying it needed a shim. Of course the stud broke off on the old one when I went to unhook the cable too. So I pull the new one back off and swap its solenoid onto the old starter and put that back on the truck and got it started. So I have a brand new starter motor and a broken solenoid, I figure I can't return it since I broke it so if I could just buy a solenoid and a shim I'll keep it for just in case.

Reply to
Eugene