Exhaust leak

I noticed a good sized crack (Actually 3 small ones that come together) in my exhaust manifold. I have a 1979 1/2 ton chevy surburban with a Mr. goodwrench crate 350 ci engine. My question is whether there is a product (Cement etc.) available that i can use that is heat resistant to patch the leak in my mainfold at least temporaraly unitl i can afford to replace the manifold? ... snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
DIONYSUS

Try JB Stick Weld.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Why? Is the tick annoying you?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Reply to
DIONYSUS

I've never had a manifold fail me, you could probably find someone who wouldn't look. That's my opinion - I could never smell the manifold leak in my S10 (though you can't smell CO) Just my two coins, didn't want to seem like a prick... JB Weld has something called "weld stick" or something along those lines that should be able to hold up to the heat.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin