Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 Silverado hard steering problem when sitting at a stop.
OK, hope someone can help me with this. I have a 96 chevy silverado, automatic, xcab, 4x4, 350 vortec with 144,125 miles. The problem is when the truck is sitting still you have to use 2 hands and a...
1
1

TBI and MPI heads
will the 1996 and up heads fit the 87 to 95 TBI, I have heard the intake pattern is incorrect and the cooling flow has the same flow. I am guessing that a 1996 MPI will not work with TBI, which I...
2
2

84 Jimmy 6.2 ltr deisel problem with oil pressure
A question for any of you deisel owners out there, I have an 84 Jimmy with the 6.2 deisel and recently as I started it to warm up, my oil pressure suddenly went to zero. I emmediatly shut it off but...
3
3

Transmission interchangability...
Will the TH700R4 from an '88 3/4T 4x4 fin into an '85 Suburban 4x4. My "'Burban originally had a 700 and I swapped in a TH350 using an adaptor. It was a desperation move! I aint complaining, it works...
26
26

Fluctuating temp. gauge - part4?
'94 K1500 Suburban 350/4L60E I'm still getting a fluctuating temp. gauge. The Tech II at GM says 197 degrees on the ECM sensor, but the gauge still reads high. My local GM dealer had the truck nearly...
13
13

88 chevy 5.7 TBI CRAZY high idle
your thoughts on this? A friends truck... and he tells me, "problem all began when / after trying to jump start another vehicle"... What I found is: this truck wants to idle fast. It's not the idle...
7
7

weight/towing capacity
I have a 1989 k1500 5.7 L auto long bed. I can't find many specs about realistic weight and towing capacity. I am wondering, if I beef up the rear leaf springs with helpers, can I realistically put a...
9
9

1989 454 TBI will not start.
The truck had been running and idling rough. I replaced spark plugs, this did not help at all. I drove to gas station put in 15 gallons of gas. Started,set at rough idle for a few minutes while I was...
15
15