Bigger Tires????

I would like to put bigger tires on my `04 HD.I have heard that you have to recalibrate the computer.I also heard that you can go bigger,but only to a certain size. Is this true,or just a bunch of bull?

Reply to
Bill

That's no bull Bill.

If you change the diameter of the tires the speedometer will be off requiring recalibration. And if you go to big in diameter or to wide you will rub the chassis when turning the wheels all the way left or right.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Additionally, if you have a duramax with Allison auto ( 04.5 LLY and up ).. if you go to larger tires, the dealer cannot recalibrate for the error. GM's policy is only OEM tire sizes on that combo. And the tech2 is blocked from changing that parameter on those trucks. GM has a TSB on it.

You can still run the tires, just the speedo/trip meter and ABS cal will be off.

JJ

Reply to
JohnJ