Bolt-on Parts vs Engine Swap

I have a 1995 Cheyenne 4x4 with a 4.3L TBI engine. This is a very good truck and I'm happy with it except that it is a bit under powered. Would it be better/easier to increase performance through bolt-on parts or bite the bullet and swap out the V6 for a V8?

All thought are welcome. Thanks in advance.

John

Reply to
Bohacker

there is no replacement for displacement. Not enough bolt-on parts to make a 4.3 do what a couple more cylinders and more cubes can do.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

I never really expected bolt-on parts to transform the 6 into a full-up 8. I'm really looking for around a 20-25% "real" increase. Is it possible to get that kind of power boost from bolt-on parts?

I would certa>there is no replacement for displacement. Not enough bolt-on parts to make

Reply to
Bohacker

see if Paxton makes a supercharger for your application. That is about the only way I could see to get power from a v-6. The problem is that your wallet will get real thin in a hurry for one of these.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Reply to