Oil Filter

I'm rebuilding a 1995 chevy 5.7L 350 V8 (LO5) TBI motor. The guy that's helping me thought it should have a big filter hanging vertically but it has
a smaller filter coming off horizontally. Do I need to change this? The truck originally had a 4.3L V6 engine and I wonder if they stuck that filter on this one.
On 4/1/2015 8:42 AM, Ringer wrote:

Might have come out of a 4X4. The filter mounts sideways on some motors.
bilz2765 wrote:

It is a 4wd. I take it that's what the 4x4 means. I was worried the filter was too small.