Burb handles badly advice please

I have just changed my 94 2wd burb for a 98 4wd 1500 lt burb.

The difference in the handling of the vehicle is amazing. My 2wd drove like a car and was very stable at high speed corners etc, the 4wd drive wanders at speed the tyres screech on corners and does not feel as safe as the 2wd.

Now my 2wd was an ultimate conversion vehicle from new and had slightly wider tyres and of a road Patten, the 4wd drive has standard tyres and more of a town and country Patten, is this what's making the difference?. or is it that the 2 vehicles are just normally so different?.

I would appreciate any advice and also how to improve the handling of the car.

Thanks

Reply to
ray

sidewinder

Reply to
Mike Sullivan

Have someone inspect the front end for wear and alignment. I suspect problems with one of those two items, especially if there is high mileage on the truck.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Re: Burb handles badly advice please Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 9:12am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Mike=A0Sullivan) improve the handling of the car. Thanks

What did you do to the front end ? Besides the obvious conversion. Pitman , Idler ? How much play do you have ? Is there alot of steer lash ? Or are you just woundering the road ? What is the air pressure in your tires ? Just a few simple questions. But if you played around with your front end ,and didnt get it aligned. You need to do that first. Steve

Reply to
Steve Cook

Thought you said you converted it . Just get a alignment check ,and check your air pressure in your tires. Sorry about the mix up. Please dont tell Doc I screwed up. The Family is already upset with my web skills. Steve (Though I was getting a pat on the back. But recieved a slap to the head insted.)

Reply to
Steve Cook

I can vouch for worn front end parts :) My 91 Z71 has almost 300,000 KM on the clock now, and things are getting sloppy.

Have been picking off parts one by one...but the steering box has noticeably slop in it...more "turn" to either direction to get it to react on the highway...but i"ve gotten used to it....

a GOOD front end alignment is worth its weight in gold for these trucks....

problems with one of those two

Reply to
Hamilton Audio