Buying a Suburban

I'm thinking of buying a Suburban between the years 1992-1995.

Why did I pick those years? Because I heard that 1996-1990 were "problem years". I also heard that the TBI Fuel Injection systems in those years are better than the EFI in the latter years in the 90's.

I'm leaning towards a 94 or 95 for no particular reason other than the rumors about the EFI problems.

My last Chevy was a 1950 coupe so I'm a bit out of touch with them.

Your opinions are welcomed.

brlarue

Reply to
brlarue

I like TBI, my 88 S-10 was TBI. There was only one time it had trouble starting in 170,000 miles and that was after I washed it and must have gotten too much water inside the inner fender. I had to paper clip the connector to get it to start then once it warmed up and got the water burned off it was fine. My "new" s-10 I have to buy a code reader. My old

88 was 4x4 and got better gas milage that the new one too and the steel was thicker, much fewer door dings. Might not be a suburban but the concept is the same.
Reply to
Eugene Nine

Reply to
LKN4SNO

Had a '95 Yukon w/ the 5.7L TBI and now have a '99 1500 Suburban 5.7L Vortec and an '02 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 8.1L Vortec. I'd take the Vortec EFI over the TBI any day. The TBI engine left MUCH to be desired in my book. It did not have the gittyup and go that the old 4 bbl carbs had and definitely could not compete with the '99 Suburban's engine. I've not had any gasket issues on the '99 with about 68K miles on it. Personally I'd look at the Vortec based years. Replacing the gaskets isn't that big of a deal if it comes to that.

Reply to
Kevin

Thanks for the input.

My Suburban search goes >I'm thinking of buying a Suburban between the years 1992-1995.

Reply to
brlarue

Reply to
brlarue