caddy to truck engine swap

Hey guys,

I posted this same question over in the caddy section, you never know.

Do the old cadillac engines(425,the other one,502)have the same bolt ups as the old chevs? I have a chev 350, and I want to bolt a 425 inch big block caddy engine(free,works good)in my 1985 chev truck. Will my standard shift truck tranny bolt up to the 425?(L,1,2,3 pattern)

And how about flywheels?Can I make this engine tranny combo work?how?

Do all the automatics from chev bolt up to the caddy engines?(TH350,TH400,700R4). Does the engine bolt right in?(are the motor mounts positioned right, or are mods needed?

Thanx

Reply to
snay

Shep

Cadillac uses the B-O-P bolt pattern. Finding a bell housing that will work in your truck may be difficult. If the truck is two wheel drive you can find an automatic that will work. You are going to have to deal with the motor mounts and the exhaust system. And then the truck will not be smog legal.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

========= =========

yer welcome.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

The "easiest" way would be to use a caddy tranny and adapt it to your transfer case. There are adaptors for this out there. I would suggest trading for a 454 as it will bolt in with a lot less fuss.

SnoMan

A TH400 would bolt right up if he decides to switch to an automatic.

Either way, there's going to be crossmember, driveshaft, wiring... etc..etc...to deal with.

Unless this thing has some weird sentimental value, or this is just a case of "I'm gonna do it and never mind the bullshit".......I'd suggest not sinking the funds into it to start with. But, as I said, a custom buildup done right is a completely different animal.....then.......go for it. cool..and different.

~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his mushroom tea......the weirder the better~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster