Can I reduce emmisions on k2500

I plan on going for my state inspection (MA) tomorrow. I have been going back and forth with minor exhaust issues. Fortuntly he didnt run it throuw the machine but said by feeling the exhaust there wasn;t enough pressure. I thought he was crazy. I couldnt find anything wrong. I brought it to a muffler shop and they fould a plug on the converter had rusted out, now with that fised I pan on going for the test tomorrow.

I have no idea how it will do on the emmision test but I am a bit worried. I have changed the plugs, wires and cap. It seems to rung good..

What can I do to reduce the emissions before the test?

Should I adjust the timing? Do I advance or retard? The gauge or scale is unreadable, how can I tell which way I am adjusting it. If I go in one direction it accelerates. I also noticed the notches are different sizes. Is the largerts one 0, that is the factory setting. The truck is an 88 k2500. I beleive all the components are there.

Reply to
Tconn756

if you can retard timing about 8 degrees and add several bottles of alchol (Dry Gas/Methanol) to fuel.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

I will give it a shot.