can you help???

I have a 2000 model Cadillac Escalade 4wd and I've had 2 rear ends put in and it's doing the same thing.I can go 10 miles and the rear end is so hot that it has melted the seal and burned the paint on the rear end.Dope comes out of the over flow pipe and it is not over filled.Can you tell me why it is getting so hot?We have put it in "N" and we can put it.We put a scanner on it and we didn't get any codes.What to do and who to call?

Reply to
suzanne_gable_5

It sounds like either something is out of alignment or something isn't getting lubricated properly - I would guess either a bent axle shaft, misaligned pinion gear input shaft or bad carrier bearings.

Reply to
Ed H.

We put another rear end in and it is not getting hot.We put a trailer on it before the replacement of the 2nd rear end and it got ex-hot and it got hot without a trailer.We didn't change the dope in the last one and it is not getting hot.We are very lost on this one.We have never heard of this happening.We hope that this one os going to work.

Reply to
suzanne_gable_5

Rear axles do get pretty hot towing but if it gets real hot fast it is usually from pinion preload being to tight/high. This can cause a housing to heat up quickly even when not towing. The rear axle that comes in the SUV is really kinda light for the job to begin with which does not help matters. Do use some good 85w140 in it towing and do not waste time with 75w90 or 80w90 as 85w140 will take heat better. Again they can get hot and 250 degrees is not unusual towing. A finned cover with extra lube capacity can help it run cooler too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Great advice, again! To hell with what the service manuals say you should use in your rearend. To hell with adding any slip/friction modifier if it happens to have an LSD and requires it. Run what ever you want.

Reply to
azwiley1

You just cannot get away from trolls. Knock yourself out. BTW, the GovLoc does okay with regular gear oil but if you really knew anything besides being a troll your would know that.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I know more then you think I do, but I am not one that is going to sit here and prove you wrong as there are enough people in here and the Dodge group that already do that. However, since you are so knowledgable, how come you never answered my question about aftermarket cats, but instead tried to "educate me" on what a cat was? How come in all your skills, experience and knowledge, you STILL have not answered the question as to WHERE there knock sensor on the Dodge V-10 is?

Reply to
azwiley1

I came on here thinking that someone could help me with this problem but I see there is some out here that is a pain in the ass and wants to put everyone down on what they have to say about a problem that someone has. Sounds like to me some knows what they are talking about and there are some that just wants something to do.If you have any idea on what to do about this problem and you don't want to be an ass please let me know.I don't want to hear anything else from the smart ass azwiley1.This is not any help to me on what this one said.If I knew everything I would not be on here asking for help.No one knows everything.I've had 8 people looking and trying to find out what the deal was on my problem and no one YET has got the answer.I can't stand asses that think that they know everything.I know that I don't or I could tell you something.I could tell you something but you would not like it at all.Any one that may know what is going on with this PLEASE let me know.NO ASSES PLEASE.I need answers not asses.I have enough of them trtying to tell me what to do and no one yet can tell me.The misters that think that they know it all don't know shit just how to run there trap about nothing.

Reply to
suzanne_gable_5

wrote

I thought that you said in your last post that the problem was fixed. Is it?!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Wiley was pointing out that the automotive consumate BS'er was at it again.

Reply to
Roy

Even after the orginal posters long comment about people such as you that try to start trouble not help you still are at it. My orignal post with reasons for rear axle overheating are valid. Excessive preload can heat a axle up quickly as can improper or dirty lube too. If SUV's came with rear axle temp sensor some would be quite concerned over temps reported at times.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Snoman thanks for your help and I think that we have this problem fixed now.I'm not trying to start any trouble but when there is people out there that just wants to reply and say junk and not even help is not right.People come on here to get help and there are some that well that's all I have to say.Thanks again.Hope that we don't have this trouble again.Thanks to the ones that helped on this one.Glad that it's fixed.

Reply to
suzanne_gable_5

For good reason.

Plenty of rear axles do NOT overheat when using 75W90/80W90 gear oil. Your advice to use a higher viscosity gear oil is nothing more than a band-aide fix and totally ignores the real problem.

Possibly. Lack of backlash or something bent/out of alignment would be more likely. How the wrong lube could get installed is a bit of a stretch, dirty lube on a recently serviced (according to the OP) axle assembly, I think not.

Nothing stopping anyone from installing a temperature gauge.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

So, what was the cure?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Them understanding the possible causes of the problem which escapes the trouble makers here. I have seen axles fail from improper preload from the factory and rebuilds.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Is this an admission on your part that you are suzanne gable (or the person posting from her account)?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Get bent bitch.. If you want to really f*ck up your vehicle go right on ahead and listen to Snoman. Yeah, I didn;t answer your question but neither did Snoman, so you do what the f*ck that you want and if you can't take the fact that people are point out that information given out by some is WRONG and will lead you to more problems then you currently have, you need to pay more attention to what is going on and get the f*ck off your high horse!

And as to those of us that " think that they know it all don't know shit just how to run there trap about nothing" remember you made that statement when you ask for more help about something and DON"T get it, because that attitude and such statement will damn sure as hell get your questions ignored.

Reply to
azwiley1

If your info snoman helped alot and I'm not a bitch thank you.I'm just on a frineds account.I don't have a email address and my friend does and that is not the persons name.

Reply to
suzanne_gable_5

Reply to
Ed H.

You know nobody realy has to even try to put you down because the real inmature child in you just shines right through. I hpre this makes you feel better because it also shows you for what you really are too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan