Chevy 2500HD tailgate capacity

You have it wrong, guys like you make it happen because when someone does know and you do not or cannot understand you attack them to make up for your own insecurity. Knock yourself out.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

This is so funny coming from you. It is your mission in life

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Welll the proper way to say for sure would be to set up a destrictive test to see where it fails at and then consider about 50% of that the everday limit. When I work in Flight Test for many years we did a lot of "destructives and non destructive testive of parts to see where they fails at and their warning signs of failure because they parts would be loaded with strain gages to record the parts reaction to stress. It was pretty interesting sometimes when you put theories and designs to test to see they work as planned

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Then we have you. A fool that can't stop himself from posting BS. You have been wrong more than you have been right. Hell your never right. You continue to post false, wrong, misleading info. Why do you continue? Do you think that your wrong answer's are actually correct?

Reply to
Roy

You worked in a flight test?? WTF they drop ya on your head?

Reply to
Roy

Your continued BS is abuse.

Reply to
Roy

As been proven time and time again, that someone sure as hell is not YOU!

You are constantly corrected because you post weong answer's

Reply to
Roy

Why not practice what you preach. Idiot!

Reply to
Roy

Greetings,

While I don't always agree with what (or how) Snoman posts, I guess I'm going to have to stand up and say nothing he says here is BS - it's all pretty much factual if you understand basic mechanical and automotive principles.

Yes, it is true that many - if not all - of the so-called "high flow" air filters flow more air because they filter less effectively and allow larger or more particles through the medium. Additionally, while factory stock air filters are generally more effective at filtering, they also flow more than enough volume of air for the entire range of RPM and load an engine will operate at.

Also, in a motor with a 9:1 or higher compression ratio, using low octane (87) fuel forces the engine to retard the timing to keep it from pinging, all at a cost of both power and efficiency, namely MPG. There's no BS in that - it's a common principle of automotive mechanics.

And lastly, he stood up and said that he didn't consider shock load when suggesting the weight limits for a tailgate, and I give him full props for admitting so. I've not followed - or even remotely cared about - any dispute you may have with him in the past, but I've got to say that nothing he mentions here is BS.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Jonathan, do you know anything about tailgate capacity though? You sound as though you are actually educated in automotive subjects.

Ignoramus32469

Dang it Roy.....you beat me to that obvious answer....:)) (half wit was reference to his "about in half for a load in transit. " comment to an earlier post. SJ must have taken it as a ding to his character.) Perhaps he was correct for once.

Reply to
MikeG

Jonathan, Claiming that Delco Moraine design anti rattle clips are what is installed on Bendix design brake pads is BS. Deriding someone who -did- show the correct installation of above mentioned anti-rattle clips is BS. Not knowing that both GM and Ford use and install Bendix design brake pads is BS. Not knowing how a fuel pump circuit on a GM truck works is BS. Publishing wrong (excessively high) torque values is BS. Absurd claims about how and where the fuel pressure can be measured on a GM TBI is BS. Claiming that 30 weight motor oil isn't 30 weight motor oil is BS. Citing a TSB from 1983 to support the above claim is BS. Claiming that a Dodge Ram V-10 engine has a knock sensor is BS. Insisting that all one should/does need is the RPO label in the glove box to discern vehicle build options is BS. Telling others to grow up but not being man enough to admit your mistakes is BS.

Yes BS. Higher octane fuels require more barrels of crude to produce. Higher octane fuels require additional additives which sometimes prove to create toxicity problems. I also seriously doubt that Snoman has run his modified tune-up contraption thru the federal emissions test procedure to see what effects his advanced timing has on tailpipe emissions. Any idiot can pull more power from an engine by bumping the timing just like any idiot (same idiot) can blow snowflakes from his AC vents by filling the AC system with a flammable (illegal in 19 states) hydrocarbon gas. Neither is clever, both are foolish and indicate an inability to effect a proper repair within the rules and guidelines that some of us (the professionals) have to operate under.

IOWs, he posted before he bothered to think a bit. No props.

How can you say that "nothing he posts here is BS" if you haven't been following?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Didn't we already talk about how part of being a grown up is the willingness to admit when you're wrong?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

All I can say is; I test drive dozens of vehicles a week with a scan tool connected monitoring, recording and graphing engine parameters. It's quite rare to see an engine in knock retard that isn't caused by an underlying problem totally unrelated to gasoline octane.

Your whole stance here reminds me of the guy who swallows bottle after bottle of antacids right up to the time he cacks it from a massive MCI.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

What you perceive to be "insecurity" is actually professionalism. No wonder you can't recognize it.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Your mission in life seems to be related to installing the wrong brake parts. Thing is, the pride you show doing such makes you nothing more than a sociopath.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Why is this not surprising?

Ever think of retiring?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Roy, do you realize that this question could be posed just as equally to Charles Manson?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Probably more like this:

aarcuda69062

For many years in R&D and I could tell you some stories that you would likely never believe just like other things because you have trouble accepting that someone knows something that you do not. Next time you use a GPS (if you know how to) you can thank the test wing I worked for because we did the flight tests for it in the very late 70's and early 80's when it was under the project name of NavStar. The unit you hold in your hand, that technology took up over half the cargo area of a C141 during testing. I can still tell you how it works because its theory has not changed to this day but you would not beleive that either. I worked on a lot of cool test projects that are in use today by military. Guess where the MIG that North Korean pilot defected with in early 90's went. It went to a museum when they were done with it.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan