Chevy tahoe power steering

I am attempting to replace the power steering pressure sensor (variable assist Power steering) on the back of the Power steering pump. I cannot locate the part anywhere! Chevy says that I need to buy the pump from GM in order to get the part. $400.00!!!! The PUMP IS FINE, I just need the switch. Maybe I do not have the correct name for the part? Any suggestions???

Reply to
charles mcleavy

There is no sensor in the back of the pump, what you see is the solenoid to control the fluid flow.

I have not ever seen them go bad, I saw alot of snapped pump shafts. What makes you think that it is bad?

If you have a loose steering wheel feeling then most likely the sensor at the base of the steering column is bad.

Reply to
WBucha

Unplug the fuse for the sensor located on the left side of the dash seen when you open the drivers door. This will stop the driving on ice feel you may be having when turning slight corners.

Rob

Reply to
shovelhead