2001 Chevy Tahoe power steering lost

Hi all

My 2001 Chevy Tahoe has lost its power steering. I checked the fluid and it is at the correct level. All belts seem to be intact and in good working order.

This happened suddenly last night - I think when I was taking a hard left turn.

Any ideas what else I can check to determine what is at fault? I don't have a service manual. Is there any relay or electrical component to the power steering?

Thanks

Habs

Reply to
Habs

Release the belt tension and see if you can move the PS pump pulley in/out. Could be a broken pump drive shaft. Seen that more than once.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks - I'll let you know what I find.

Reply to
Habs

The shaft had broken in the pump - new pump - problem fixed.

Reply to
Habs