Code P0440

P0440 is an evap emissions. It could be caused by a loose gas cap, or problem with the evap system, or in the case of my wife's car a dirty air filter

Reply to
Eugene
2002 5.3, auto, z71 set a code P0440 yesterday on the way home. I think this is the one for a loose gas cap???? Checked cap, was tight and I took it off, looked for crud, nice and clean. Any suggestions. Tx Mike
Reply to
MikeG