Colorado Rear Ratios

In looking at available new Colorados with I-5, AT, 4x4, some dealers have axle ratios of 3.73, while other dealers have 4.10 on sale. What is the thinking here on the preferred ratio?

Reply to
JT

Mike Levy

If you want to put on some larger tires error on the 4.10 side it will help you a little more to make up for what the larger tires did for you. Guys that tow, or live where there are lots of hills and mountains may like the

4.10's more (at the expense of miliage). If you are going to drive it on the highway, not tow often, the 3.73's will give you more economy.
Reply to
Rusted

I've got an extended cab, I-5, Z71 4x4, with 5 speed. 3.73. city driving in AZ, with the A/C on, i've gotten 19.5 miles per gallon.

Reply to
Gregg