Curious: Diesel cam specs?

Just wondering here...

Anyone have any specs off of cams run in the diesels?

I'm just starting to get a good grasp on cams in the LS1 based motors, and I'm trying to think of what the heck a diesel would require for a 3,000rpm powerband.

I'm guessing real short duration, moderate lift, and a tigher LSA?

Thanks,

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

I couldn't tell you specs for a duramax cam, but I can tell you about diesels. They run about 22:1 CR so duration is long to pack as big a charge in as possible. The powerband being so low is just the nature of the diesel engine, the camshaft doesn't put the powerband down low. It's the relatively longer stroke different fuel combustion properties etc.

Reply to
Demon