85 K-10 33x12.5?

I have a set of 33x12.5 mudders laying around that I've been thinking about putting on my Chevy. Its an 85 K-10. My friend tells me he put a set of them on his old 86 and it rubbed at full lock pretty good, but he had two broken leafs. The truck sits in my yard most of the time and usually is just driven on the weekend when I get tired of driving the Jeep, but I would like to be able to take her out more on the trails.The real small street tires just don't make it fun for me.

My question is: From experience, how bad are these going to rub?

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
Marc

I had an 85 K5 blazer that would fit 33x12.50 with no rubbing at all, my 83

4x4 truck had 33x12.50s on it with minimal rubbing (only with bad bumps extreme turning combined), but on an 89 blazer i had, 33's rubbed just about any turning you did with them on. btw, all wheels were 15x8. I'm got an 83 Jimmy i'm working on to sell with 33's and they don't rub at all either; maybe the blazers sit higher or something?

good luck

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

I forgot about the Blazer I had, but back then I thought it might have had a lift. I was running 33x12.5 on it with no rubbing either.

I'm just going to throw them on this weekend and see how they fit.

Thanks.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

The full size Blazers do indeed sit a little higher. I can step right into my wife's 97 Yukon, but I have to use the running boards to step into my 87 Blazer.

Reply to
JR

I think that's an age thing. Compare an 87 blazer to an 87 suburban to an 87 K10

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

When I first got my '80 K25 is was bone stock exept for a set of 33x12.5's Mud Kings (cheapos) but they cleared the fenders no problem with a stock setup. Mind you it is a 3/4 ton it might be a couple/ few inches taller than a 1/2ton at stock level.

Reply to
Demon