diesel maintenance

How does duramax, etc routine maintenance compare to gas engines? Oil change interval, filters, etc. Anything particularly different?

Reply to
cew

Greetings,

The oil change intervals are pretty much the same (I change mine at 5000 miles however instead of at ~10,000 like the oil life meter recommends), but you need 10 quarts so it costs a few bucks more than a gasser. The air filter, fuel filter, etc. are also fairly infrequent (I change mine every

15,000 miles, which is much sooner than recommended). The Allison tranny has an external spin-on filter which makes it much simpler to change. There is no PCV valve to worry about, the coolant is the same, and you don't have spark plugs, wires and ignition components per se. Overall, this is one of the easiest motors to maintain that I've ever owned.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan