Difference between 2500HD and 3500?

What is the difference between these two similarly equipped models? Just suspension?

Ignoramus4299

Go here:

and spend some time reading up on what you want.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Roy, I spent a while there, and some time today also, that website does not seem to explain the difference. It lists very similar lists of features. Maybe I missed something, in which case I apologize.

Ignoramus4299

There is no difference other than rear springs and tire size. Same chassis, brakes. axles and drive line. For than fact the 2500 even used to come with stiffer rear springs before the 2500HD was launched as they lightened the springs to make it ride better for sales. What does this mean? Add a leaf or two to the rear and upsize to 265/75/16 tires and you will have a 3500 except for label on the door. As a further foot note, I have a 2000 K3500 SRW (single rear wheel) and it has the same GVW "rating" as a 2500 HD (9200) but it has more springs in rear than a 2500HD does and will carry more weight without draging its butt. GM uses one frame/chassis style for 1500 trucks and another for 1500 HD, 2500HD and 3500. ALso a 1500HD has same front end as a

2500HD and same rear springs. chassis and drive line but it is only rated at 8600 GVW (that rating is to get past LD emissions for 6.0). Only real difference between to models is that the 1500HD has a 3 ton rated rear axle and the 2500 HD has a 4 ton rated one (2500HD and 3500 SRW have exact same axle). THe suspension will make out on 1500HD and 2500HD long before axle 3 tons of weight is applied to axle though. Both have same tires from factory. Thing are not what they seem if you look below the surface. Check out this link

TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks, this summary is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks.

Ignoramus4299