E85 Help

It's the lower BTU's. Less energy per drop (or whatever), so you have to pump more of it in, to get the same power out.

Much like an alky dragster. Less BTU's in alky vs. gasoline, so your jets need to be HUGE in comparison to get the power out. (yes, there's far more to it than that.... but...)

Reply to
John Craker

The particular alcohol you use to wash the circuit board is ALLOT different than the alcohol used to power a vehicle! Ethanol is essentially the same thing as Moon-Shine! Think about it!

Reply to
Shades

...far more...but very good point about fuel consumption. In every vehicle I ever tried Gas-Ohol in, I always noticed a drop in MPG...even just a point...but always seemed to drop. I never crunched the numbers to see if the small cost savings outweighed the small decrease in MPG.

Reply to
Shades

Moon-Shine, HELL YEAH I've seen that shit burnt what a wonderful blue flame.....And I've drank it, WOW

Reply to
Adam

Alcohol Engines require a higher compression ratio then gasoline engines to run efficiant. 14 to 1 up to 18 to 1 compression ratios for a alcohol engine are what would be considered "Normial" ranges. Where as a Gasoline 7 to 7.7 to 1 up to 12 to 1 are considered normial ranges, depending apon the engine. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
TheSnoMan

...yea...puts Everclear to shame and REALLY raises the octane rating of gas! That's why the moon-shine runners were always so fast...always working on the engines to...LOL!

Reply to
Shades

Maybe I need to starting buying my "gas" from my Uncle Ted ;-)

He has this 500 gallon tank out back behind his place that he said "could be used in pasturizing milk...or for something else..."

Heh heh heh...

~jp

Reply to
Jon Pickens

Ship some up this way...I would like to run some in my Bike...though it probably would get eaten alive!

Reply to
Shades

sure she can run it just loose performance and mpgs as long as the car was origanally equiped for it if not it will dry out and crack the seals and o rings in the fuel system

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
chvy fan

origanally equiped for it if not it will dry out and crack the seals and o rings in the fuel system

If the vehicle is not designed to run with E85 it will not run correctly as it will not put out the proper fuel/air ratio.

Reply to
Michael Dobony