roaring sound while accel, but not coasting

My 1985 Chevy S10 4x4 2.8 is making a roaring sound when I'm accelerating but goes quiet when I ease up on the pedal and coast - it is very noticeable - I just had my front wheel bearing replaced because my mechanic said that it needed it - this did fix some noises but not this one

Reply to
don

If your truck has a thermostatic clutch on the cooling fan, it's possible that the clutch isn't operating properly. When mine failed, I got the same effect you're describing.

Reply to
klutz

Reply to
Shep

Standard Tranny or Automatic..

if Standard Tranny Check the oil in it

Also RUSTED out Body mounts .. Body is Sitting on the Tranny

Reply to
no one

This is an automatic and I would say the noise is coming from the back but it's hard to say - it seems to drive fine

Reply to
don

check the GREASE in the REAR END

Reply to