engine swap question

Hello, we have a '89 1/2 ton Chevy with the 350 and 4 wheel drive. The engine in the truck has given up the ghost at

246,000 miles. We only use this vehicle as a secondary vehicle for moving things and never tow anything. But that obviously has stopped now that the engine is gone. However, a friend of mine has an '89 Iroc-Z Camaro that had a 305 that he replaced to put in a larger engine. Will this engine go into our truck without alot of modifications? Obviously it would probably mean a decrease in power but I am only concerned with the truck running again, I am not intending to tow anything or do anything particularly heavy duty.

So, if this sounds like a workable plan I would like to know, I can have the 305 for free.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Do it! Just go to the salvage yard and pick up an ECM for a 89 pickup with

305 engine. I'm pretty sure all the connections will be the same. Might even try it with the ECM you have, might work ok, but won't be optimum.
Reply to
PM