Error Code P0446 Evaporative Emission System Vent

I'm getting this error on my 2000 K1500 4.8L v8 Silverado

P0446 Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit

Have no idea what it is, and the dealer says "bring'er on in"

Any ideas? Can I fix it myself?

Thanks

Keith

. . =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@die-spammer.yahoo.com (K)

I'm getting this error on my 2000 K1500 4.8L v8 Silverado

P0446 =A0 Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit

Have no idea what it is, and the dealer says "bring'er on in"

Any ideas? Can I fix it myself?

Thanks Keith =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

tighten yer gas cap.....

MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I'm getting this error on my 2000 K1500 4.8L v8 Silverado

P0446 Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit

Have no idea what it is, and the dealer says "bring'er on in"

Any ideas? Can I fix it myself?

Thanks Keith =========== ===========

tighten yer gas cap.....

MarshMonster ~:~

Or replace it. I had to replace mine when I was getting the 'service engine soon' light on almost all the time. my mechanic suggested replacing it and so I did. Something happened to my factory gas cap and for $6 I replaced it and no more 'service engine soon' light.

hth, Joe

Reply to
Joe

It would have been a real joke:

if you got the one for the pre-OBD2 cars and trucks. Your light would have stayed on, and your mechanic would have kicked his own balls!

It happened to me, I know!

LOL

Refinish King

Reply to