ever push snow with an S-10?

I know its early to be thinking about this, but I want to be ready. I've heard of small plows made for these trucks, but never seen one or know who makes and supplies them. I believe there is a niche market where bigger plows and trucks may not be nimble enough to get around. So does anyone know where I could get a plow and hardware for an S-10 and have you ever done this?

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

don't have much useful info for you, but I have seen plenty of them and the little blazers, too, around central Ohio.

Seems like it would be a bunch of weight on such a small truck. Weigh out if you would get enough work to pay for the extra maintenance costs first.

Reply to
Snowman

I've seen a good amount of S-10s with small plows on them in Rhode Island. I actually had the same thought, talked it over with my father and my uncle (both long-time plow users) and both said it would be doable, but it might beat up the truck. I've got an 88, the frame is clean and rust free, the engine and transmission were recently rebuilt, so I think I'll risk it and give it a try -- IF I can find one at a good price.

I would assume there will be a few hundred pounds in the back to weight it down ;)

-Joe

Reply to
Joe Webster

Fisher, Mayher and several other brands available in the new england area. fit s-10, datson/nissan, toyota, etc.. you can put a plow on anything , will it still be legal concerning D.O.T., you will need to check this locally

Reply to
Frank

I got a 89 s-10 here in Michigan and Been Plowing Snow since 1994.. No problems yet !! 225,000 miles on the 4.3 Engine! Same Tranny, Same engine, No oil Coolers.. I got 4 commerical parking lots I Plow I Made The Blade Myself..While working in a Welding Shop It is a Downsized Western Blade! Weighs About 100 lbs

DJ Hatt wrote:

Reply to
Santa