Can an S-10 be used for plowing snow?

I want to purchase an S-10 to plow my midsized driveway. It is too small for a large truck and a snowblower takes 2 hours because I am surrounded by neighbors. I live in Boston, so my driveway is about 7 feet wide.

Can an S-10 with a 6 foot plow work for me? I plan to plow 6 times a year.

Would another brand of truck be better? No flames please, just researching possibilities. I have always owned GM products.

Thank you.

Reply to
Vito Cavallo

researching

Vito,

If that's all you're going to use it for, you should be fine. I wouldn't try to use it to clear commercial parking lots, etc... it can't take that much punishment.

Reply to
websurfer

Vito:

I can't see why it wouldn't do that and a good bit more?

A manual transmission might be more desirable than an automatic, because there would be a lot of heat build up.

I have a beat up 85 Ford Ranger, that I torture every winter, and have done so for the past 8 winters. It's survived and begs for more!

Good luck with your plans, and I think the blade will be 6'6".

Refinish King

researching

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to
Holton

You should not have any problem as long as you make sure that if you buy used you have the frame checked out real well. Don't try to plow commercially though.

One thing you may want to do is to add an additional transmission cooler so you won't get too much heat in the tranny.

I had one that I plowed with for myself and a couple of my neighbors (added the additional trans cooler) and I never had a problem.

researching

Reply to
stormr69

They make 7 foot blades for full-sized trucks. Hell - I'd think of turning a

7 foot into a 6 foot before I plowed with an S10! I've driven one, I'd rather ride a moped....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin