Exhaust bust on my diesel Blazer

Been meaning to get my dual exhaust on my '85 6.2L diesel Blazer fixed (replaced) for a couple of months now, but just have been so damn busy. Well today it broke to 2 places. Man, is it so much louder. So my question is, will I be okay driving it for 2-5 days without harming anything until I can get it into the shop to be replaced? While I am at it, any recommendation on what type of pipes and mufflers? Am not looking to go real expensive, but wouldn't mind a little bit better "go" in the pedal if that can be achieved with the exhaust on a 6.2L diesel. Anyhow, thanks for any input you can provide.

Reply to
Mark G.

Hmmm...nobody seems to know around here ehh? I think I figured it out anyhow. Oh well. Whatever happened to the regulars here anyways? Used to get some great feedback from them. Snowman and such.

Reply to
Mark G.

Hello Mark,

If it's much louder, then, you are probably experiencing more power (less exhaust restriction in a diesel engine, which is throttle-less, is always better). The only thing you might harm is your (or others') hearing, and maybe your wallet if you get a ticket.

Larger diameter pipes (starting at the cylinder heads if you want to ante up for the cost) and flow-through/turbo mufflers will help. Shop around. I picked up twin turbo mufflers at AutoZone for our '86 6.2NA suburban.

Good luck.

Franko

recommendation

Reply to