Can "Like New" Exhaust Manifold Gasket be Reused?

I have an '89 Toyota Pickup w/ 22RE engine. About a year ago, I rebuilt the exhaust system, including replacing the cast iron exhaust manifold with header pipes. At that time, I replaced the exhaust manifold gasket with a
new one.
I am now doing an R&R on the transmission which requires unbolting the exhaust headers. I figured I'd once again have to replace the exhaust manifold gasket with a new one. However, after pulling the old one, it appears to be in perfect shape. It did not stick to either the head or the headers so no surface material was damaged on the gasket. In fact, there is little to no discoloration of the gasket material and, except for some light carbon powder on the exposed port surfaces and a light imprint from the mating surfaces, it's virtually indistinguishable from a new gasket.
After spending over $900 on a rebuilt tranny, plus $100 for a new clutch, plus other incidental expenses associated with this job, I'm not keen on spending another $40 on a new gasket if the old one can be reused. What do you think?
Thanks, Michael
I've never had problems re-using decent exhaust gaskets. Besides, they're pretty easy to replace if you do end up having a leak after re-assembly.